My spouse and I want to sign a separation agreement. Can we take that to a notary?

In most cases, a separation agreement will not be legally binding unless each party has independent legal advice. A notary will not want to advise you on a separation agreement as part of a notarization and he or she will not be able to advise both you and your spouse. Also, a notary may not even be knowledgeable about divorce and family law. As such, you and your spouse should find qualified family lawyers to prepare and review your separation agreement.

Leave a Reply

Your email is never published nor shared.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Switch to our mobile site